Jewelry Brand USPs and why they are important
Every brand that conducts retail business needs its own USPs and thus, so do jewelry brands. It is crucial to have specific USPs if you have a jewelry brand because otherwise, you would not be able to survive in the competitive marketing environment of the present. A USP or a Unique Sales Proposition can be termed as one of the basic foundational building blocks of a brand that carries its message. If you have a jewelry brand and you have not created USPs for it, you must act fast. Keep reading to find more about what a USP is, why jewelry brands need them, and if you have a jewelry brand, how you can create your USPs.
What is a USP or Unique Selling Proposition?
As you might have understood from the name, a USP or Unique Sales Proposition is something that brands offer in their businesses that makes them different from their competitors. USPs are also called Unique selling points and this is a way for a business to tell their customers what is unique about their brand and why they should invest in the brand. In a way, through USPs, you will be answering questions that your customers might have. These questions are generally-
- Are your products and services are of higher quality?
- DO you offer affordable rates?
- How is your customer support so different from your competitors?
- Do you offer additional services that no other competitor in your niche does?
Hence, the main questions that you would be addressing through USPsare what makes your products valuable, worth investing in and how they are better than everyone else’s in the market.
Why do Jewelry Brands need USPs?
As it happens in any other industry, there would be many jewelry brands that your customers might prefer over yours. Thus, you would need something to convince them that your brand offers what none of the other brand can. For example, if you manufacture gold jewelry in wholesale and you are sure that your competitors, you could use an USP which goes like thus- wholesale gold jewelry manufacturers, or wholesale gold jewelry suppliers. That would attract more customers to your brand since wholesale jewelry would not be sold by other jewelry brands around you. A good USP has many benefits. These are-
- Clear differentiation: We live in a world where the competition never stops and brand need to adapt to it and do their best. Hence, aclear differentaition from your jewelry brand from the rest needs to be established so that you can grow your customer base. As we mentioned earlier, if you specialise in wholesale jewelry, you could use USPs like “the best wholesale jewelry suppliers in India”.
- Improved sales: It is no surprise that your sales would increase if you provide USPs about specific points in your business targeting your prospective audience. If your USPs match people’s needs and demands, they would invest in your brand and hence your brand would attract improved revenue.
- Reatining loyal customers: It is important for you to keep promoting a strong USP and adjust it if and when necessary. That is becasue with time, people’s demands might change and you have to keep up with them. Doing this would help you retain loyal customers for your brand.
- Streamlined selling: You have a create a strong and positive product identity through your USPs, which are quite significant for your business. Since USPs highlight the strong and unique points of your brands, you would be able to target a specific audience and communicate with them according to their needs. Having a streamlined strategy such as this, is vital for your brand to succeed.
It is thus important for you to communicate your USPs to your audience in a clear and compelling way so that they understand what your brand can offre them and how it suits their needs.
If you have a Jewelry brand, how do your find your USPs?
If you have just established your own jewelry brand, you will need to follow the five steps given below to understand what makes your business unique and then use the research to create USPs.
- Firstly, know what audience you are targeting and what jewelry they might be looking for. Ask yourself if your jewelry meets any specific needs for them. If yes, then use those points to create your USP.
- Explain to your audience how your products are the holy grails for the problems they have and how your brand can solve those.
- Make a list of the most distinctive benefits of buying your products and propagate it to your audience in a compelling way
- Highlight the vision your brand is trying to create and a promise that your brand fulfills
Examples of some of the best USPs
JewelKotaWala is one of the best jewelry brands in India. We have a few crucial USPs that you can take inspiration from. For example, since we manufacture gold jewelry and you can buy them in bulk, we use USPs such as “wholesale gold jewelry manufacturers”, “wholesale gold jewelry suppliers” and “wholesale gold jewelry distributors”. SInce we also specifically specialize in 14K gold as well, we use USPs like “wholesale 14K gold jewelry suppliers” and “wholesale 14K gold jewelry distributors”. Besides gold jewelry, you would find silver ornaments in our website, we also use USPs like “silver ornaments manufacturers in India”. Hence, you need to use USPs that fit in with your brand and highlight the specifics that are unique to your brand.