If you’re feeling guilty or awfully upset after discovering your broken gemstone, your initial reaction is completely normal. But try to focus on the bigger picture and understand the science behind broken crystals. So, what does it mean if you accidentally break a gemstone? Firstly, some chunks of the broken crystal are still completely usable. Sometimes it just means nothing and you need to understand the science and physics related topics regarding a piece of gemstone.
Sometimes if you notice your gemstones break suddenly without any reason, it might be due to the high energy around it that has caused it to break. If the frequency of your gemstones are in perfect sync with that of the surrounding environment, it might lead to breakage or crack on the gemstones. Note that even when the gemstones have cracked or broken, they can still be used and they don’t stop working. But the intense frequency of the environment might have temporarily hampered the normal frequency of the gemstone. You need to focus on your gemstone repair and accept that the damage is already done and can’t be reversed.
What can cause a gemstone to break
There are a plethora of causes that might have caused a scratch or crack or break in your gemstone. Some the causes include:
- Gemstones are extremely delicate and it is important to take good care of them during travelling and crowded functions. If you are too conscious about dropping or breaking them, try to carry the gemstones using small bags and don’t put too much pressure on the stones.
- Extreme heat or cold can cause your gemstones to crack. It is important to keep your crystals at room temperature. Gemstones are at high risk when kept outside your home, near the window, near the AC unit or heater.
- Some gemstones have natural flaws which makes them weak internally. These gemstones have a high chance of breaking upon continual usage and movement.
Tips for gemstone jewelry repair
If your gemstone is damaged or chipped, has lost its shine or scratched, then there are high chances to revive the earlier condition of your gemstone. However, if the gemstone is Completely broken or is badly damaged, then there is very little one can do to repair it. The repairman can be able to re-shape or cut the stone in different shapes to retain it to the maximum, weight and size. Gemstone repair might not work to your advantage all the time yet giving it is worth giving it a shot. It might be a little expensive to repair a broken gemstone and restore it to its original form.
Here are few steps followed in chipped gemstone repair process:
Step 1: The Jeweler begins the repair process by evaluating the magnitude and type of damage done using a loupe, i.e. a magnifying glass used by a jeweler for better visual of the stones. This allows him to assess what has exactly happened with the stone and how to repair it.
Usually, a Jeweler first cleans the gemstone so that he can assess even the slightest of defects over its surface. Sometimes, the stone looks hazy and unclear due to the dirt accumulated underneath its surface over a long period of time.
Step 2: jeweler works with Jewellery cutting and polishing tools depending upon the type of damage.
- For example, scratched gemstone repair involves polishing the surface of the gemstone to remove the scratches.
- Chipped gemstone repair: depending upon the intensity of chipping, the jeweller re facets the gemstone. He also polishes the edges to make it smooth and shiny.
- For cracks, the Jeweller uses surface buffing techniques to repair the damage on the top of the gemstone
Step 3: Final polishing and cleaning – after repairing the gemstone, the item is properly polished and cleaned to remove any existing dirt or scratches from its surface. At the end, the gemstone is checked for quality assurance purposes.Kotawala jewels brings you a wide range of exclusive Ruby wholesale jewellery, 18k white gold jewellery online, wholesale bracelets and much more. Fine quality emerald jewellery wholesale , amethyst jewellery wholesale, amethyst jewellery bulk ,ruby jewellery bulk , topaz jewellery bulk, aquamarine jewellery bulk are also available at our online jewellery shopping site. We are leading manufacturer and wholesaler of 925 silver jewellery. We have a range of jewelry options that include white gold, yellow gold, and sterling silver. We have been serving clients worldwide for many years and have gained a reputation as the best 14k white gold jewellery manufacturers, Wholesale 14k gold jewelry suppliers, Wholesale 14k gold jewelry distributors, silver ornaments manufacturers in India, Wholesale gold jewellery manufacturers India, Wholesale 18k gold jewelry manufacturers, best wholesale jewelry suppliers in India, India wholesale jewelry suppliers and also as custom jewellery manufacturers India.