Is it giving you a hard time deciding which coloured metal you should buy or wear? Well, the topic of gold vs silver has a significant presence in the buyer's mind for years. However, the concern is real. While you buy jewelry for yourself or as a gift to your near and dear ones, the proper selection of colour can make a world of difference.
Worry no more as we have come to the rescue to find you the right match for precious metal for you.
The big thing about choosing gold or silver
The first and foremost reason for cladding with jewelry is to look beautiful as well as attract attention. Selecting a suitable metal can bring you eyeballs and make you look fabulous.
When it about understanding the difference between gold and silver and wearing one to match with the look, your skin colour matters the most. Here are a few steps you need to consider while selecting the best metal for considering your skin tone.
- Consider your skin undertone- Remember when you buy makeup, you are asked about your skin undertone? The same principle works while purchasing jewelry. To find the best match, you make to know your skin undertone first.
- Cool tone, warm tone, and neutral- There are three types of skin undertone, and you fall under any one or two of these. To consider your skin's undertone, you need to notice the colour of your veins. If the veins appear greenish or purplish, you have a warm undertone, and gold is your best suit. In case you have blue veins underneath your skin, you may look fabulous in silver. Few lucky people sport blue and green veins simultaneously. These neutral-toned lucky people can wear both silver and gold jewelry with confidence.
Other factors that might influence your choice of silver or gold:
- The price that matters- Buying precious metals is a costly affair. If you compare the gold vs silver price, you can make your choice according to your budget. Regardless of saying, the gold price is comparatively much higher than silver, which makes it a great choice to give as a gift. Even when you compare the gold vs silver chart, you will notice that the ratio varies from 15:1 to even more, depending on the current market price.
- When you take it as an investment, some people buy precious metals to secure their future. If you look at gold vs silver investment, gold will eventually win the game. The price of gold and the increasing value of the metal allows its buyer to buy and store it for future liquidity or use. Therefore, more people take an opportunity to invest in gold rather than in silver.
- Gold jewelry advantage- Gold is available in various shades such as rose gold, yellow gold, and white gold. While you opt for gold jewelry you have the full advantage of adding a different colour to your jewellery collection. On the other hand, sterling silver jewelry offers no colour variant. While sterling silver and white gold look more similar, the difference between silver and white gold makes a lot of difference. Silver can look dull due to wear and tear very fast, whereas white gold is corrosion-free and has less to no impact on wearing it for a longer time.
- Consider the occasion- Gold is related to Indian culture for ages. No matter how expensive gold vs silver price India has been throughout its existence, people have invested more in gold when it comes to weddings and other auspicious ceremonies. Gold is also related to wealth and family heirloom.
- Keeping the outfit in mind- When it comes to sporting the best look and standing out for an occasion, you must consider the outfit’s colour to match your jewelry. Cool-toned or light-coloured best matches with silver, whereas warm or deep tones match the best with gold. However, you can play around with colours and mix and match to get the perfect combination.
It’s not too far when mixing metal tones was considered a fashion disaster. With the modern trend in mind, big fashion brands try to mix metal colours to give a trendy and happening look. You can try this too by following a thumb rule.
Make sure you have a base colour to work upon, which can be silver or gold. They try to match the other metal effortlessly. To get the best results, try layered neckpieces and cocktail rings.Once you are happy with the combination, you can sport the look and make a fashion statement. You can also try these tricks with junk jewellery to support your considerable investment in precious metals. You can also consider spending wisely as you understand the difference between silver and yellow gold.